Restoration Engineer (all levels)
This position is no longer accepting applications. See a listing of our current openings here.
Stillwater Sciences seeks highly motivated junior, mid-level, and senior-level engineers to serve as a member of an inter-disciplinary team working on habitat restoration planning, design, and implementation, as well as general water resources management projects, throughout California, the Pacific Northwest, and Rockies. We seek to fill two full-time positions.
The Engineer will be responsible for:
- Writing sections of technical reports and proposals
- Design tasks in AutoCAD Civil3D
- Hydraulic modeling in HEC-RAS
- Mapping and analytical tasks in ArcGIS
- Field data collection and analysis related to habitat restoration design and water resources management
- Development of construction specifications and cost estimates
- Construction management for restoration and infrastructure projects
Qualified applicants should possess:
- Junior-level candidates should possess a B.S. or M.S. in engineering; Mid-level candidates should possess 3–7 years of engineering-related work experience in addition to degree; Senior-level candidates should possess 8+ years of engineering-related work experience in addition to degree.
- EIT certification and ability to obtain a P.E. within 1–2 years (Junior applicants) or already licensed P.E. (Mid-level and Senior applicants)
- Proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrated excellence with verbal and written communication
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to organize resources, analyze data, and confidently interact with project team members
Ideal candidates will possess west coast experience in:
- Restoration planning, design, and implementation in riverine, wetland and estuarine environments
- Experience with a total station and RTK GPS survey equipment
- Experience working with AutoCAD Civil3D including surfaces, grading, and plan layout
- Experience modeling stream channel hydraulics using HEC-RAS
- Experience with construction management and oversight